Stay One Degree
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is Stay One Degree Limited.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information We May Collect From You
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you in the course of your use of the Website or providing our services:
- Information that you provide by submitting profile and account details on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subsequent information submitted to us through the Website, posting information and material on the Website or requesting further information from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Specifically, personal details such as name, email address, photos or any other information input by you when using the Website, including information contained in a Listing, communication with other users through the Website, making Bookings, paying for Accommodation, posting reviews, making complaints or otherwise making use of any functionality of the Website.
- Information required to confirm your identity including a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties if you login or register for an account with a third party service (for example, Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service.
- In relation to Listings and Bookings:
- If you are a Home Owner, your Listing may include and we will collect and process the city and neighbourhood where the Accommodation is located, availability and your public profile photo, a description of the Accommodation, photos of the Accommodation, Accommodation availability calendar and the price per night for the Accommodation.
- All users may view Basic Listings of all Registered Users. One Degree Connections and Two Degree Connections may view the Full Listings. Two Degree Connections will be able to view a Full Profile of other Registered User(s), where those Registered User(s) share at least one One Degree Connection with such Two Degree Connection.
- Your Listing may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time). The Website may also display the Accommodation's approximate location on a map, so that a Guest can see the general area of the Accommodation prior to submitting a Booking Request.
- As a Guest, when you submit a Booking Request, your full name will become visible to the Home Owner. Although we will not share your phone number unless there is an accepted Booking, on acceptance of your Booking your phone number will become visible to the Home Owner/Guest, who may call you directly.
- As a Guest, when you stay at a Home Owner’s Accommodation, we will ask you to review the Home Owner and/or the Accommodation. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Website.
- We will collect information about you when you send, receive or engage with messages using the Website.
- In respect of the personnel engaged by our suppliers (or prospective suppliers), and with whom we come into contact in connection with the relationship between us and our supplier, we will process your contact details such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, place of work and any other information that you provide to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to login information, browser type and version, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
The provision of your name, last name, e-mail address, contact number and password is required from you to enable us to register you as a user. When using our online “Contact” form the provision of your name, contact number and email is required from you to enable us to respond to your query. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in accordance with the following “legal bases” and for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our Website and to carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. Whether you are a user, Registered User and/or Home Owner, we rely on “performance of a contract with you” as the legal basis for this processing.
- To provide you with our Website and to carry out any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. We rely on “performance of a contract with you” as the legal basis for this processing.
- To notify you about changes to our services and/or Website, including support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts. We rely on “performance of a contract with you” as the legal basis for this processing.
- If you are engaged by one of our suppliers, we may process your data in order to perform our obligations pursuant to a contract with that supplier. Where we do so we rely on “legitimate interest” and the legitimate interest is “carrying out a contract with a reseller or supplier”.
- We rely on your consent as the lawful basis where you have agreed to participate in a survey, and for the processing of such personal information as has been collected through that survey.
- To respond to your enquiries. Where you have contacted us via e-mail or telephone we rely on “legitimate interest” and the legitimate interest is “responding and contacting you regarding the enquiries you have made in relation to the services we offer”.
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for the device(s) you use to access and view the Website. We rely on “legitimate interest” as the legal basis for this processing, and the legitimate interest is the maintenance and improvement of our Website for the benefit of all our users.
- To prevent use of any fraudulent identities or payment details and to support concerned authorities in tracking any such events. We rely on “legitimate interest” as the lawful basis on which your personal data is collected and processed by us and disclosed to a third party.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
In addition to the above uses we may use information held about you to promote our products and services that may be of interest to you. We will only do this where we reasonably believe that our services may be of interest to you and we rely on “legitimate interest” to promote our products and services to you. Where you have consented, permit selected third parties to use your information, to notify you about goods or services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please either (i) unsubscribe from our electronic communications using the method indicated in your account setting; or (ii) inform us at any time by contacting us at the contact details set out below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We routinely disclose your personal data to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to host our servers).
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means subsidiaries, or ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We publish your data to be viewed by other users of our website as described above.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms or other agreements.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Stay One Degree, the Website, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the Website.
Other than as set out above, and save insofar as is necessary in order for Us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, we will not share your data with third parties unless we have procured your express consent to do so.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Website, or by contacting us using the contact details below. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
We will endeavour to update your personal data within seven (7) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, in order to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
How long we keep your personal data
- We will hold any information you input such as your name, email address, photos for as long as you have registered an account with us and for 3 years after.
- We will hold details relating to any booking you make, such as your name, e-mail address, IP address, residential address, contact number, identification documents for as long as you have registered an account with us and for 3 years from the date of the transaction.
- If you are engaged by one of our suppliers, we will hold your contact details for the period that supplier or reseller is registered with us and for 3 years after.
- Where you have contacted us via our online contact form, e-mail and telephone, we will hold your contact and enquiry details for as long as you have registered an account with us and for 3 years.
- Where you have participated in our surveys, we will hold your survey details for 3 years.
Where we store your personal data
All information we hold about you is stored on secure servers. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is held securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email at [email protected]
- let us have enough information to identify you (name, e-mail address and booking reference number),
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your mobile phone, computer or other device from which you access the Website including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for systems administration and to report aggregate information to third parties affiliates. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We may, however, use such information in conjunction with the data we have about you in order to track your usage of our services.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
The cookies we use include:
- “Analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- “Functionality” cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- “Targeting” cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to our affiliates Websites. We will use this information to make our Website, offers e-mailed to you and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.